Monday, June 25, 2012

My Road to Runner Journey

Six weeks ago I decided I wanted to become a runner.  I did my research and decided on an eight week walk/run program.  I started walking for five minutes, running for one minute, walking for two, walking for one, until I completed 30 minutes.  At first I couldn't even run for two minutes straight.  OK, for ONE minute straight.  It was during those times that I wondered if I would EVER become a runner.  Eventually I got stronger.  I'm no wimp to begin with.  I bike a minimum of 25 miles a week and I started a weight lifting program back in March.  But running.. well... running was a whole other animal.  After three weeks, running 10 minutes became the new normal.  Soon, by the time I got to the end of the four weeks, running two miles was the new norm.

Here's a look at a few of my video diaries of my journey along the way.  I'm still not ready for a 5K but at least I know that one day... I will get there.





You can check out all my videos on social cam at http://socialcam.com/u/OQ1YM5Mt

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Danielle. I consistently want to become a runner, do it for a week or two then stop. This is very inspiring. I think my goal is to do couch to 5k for a 5k at the end of September.

    ReplyDelete