Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sure, you can spend the night... but first let me see your Foursquare STD badge!

In a move to bring awareness to testing for STDs, Foursquare has teamed up with MTV to create.... wait for it... a special STD badge. I can hear the date going something like this...



Him: "I really want to be with your tonight, baby".

Her: "Yeah, well I see you have a Player Please badge on Foursquare and now I need to see the GYT: Get Yourself Tested badge!"



The badge itself is lime green and black, with the letters "GYT" emblazoned in the middle. Now, I got tested last month (I'm clean as can be) but am I addicted enough to Foursquare to get tested again just to get the badge? Will I require a man who I'm thinking about being intimate with to have an GYT badge? Dating just got more complicated!



Foursquare users can go to their own health care providers, or they can find nearby clinics by visiting GYT's website at http://gytnow.org and entering their ZIP code.

Amplify’d from holykaw.alltop.com



Getting checked for bumps, lumps, and rashes below the belt just became a bit more public thanks to an STD awareness campaign launched by MTV and Foursquare.


Foursquare users who check-in at an STD testing during the month of September earn special badge, and also help break down the stigma associated with sexual health screenings. MTV’s “GYT: Get Yourself Tested” campaign encourages safe sex practices and more open communication surrounding the taboo topic of venereal disease. Yes, the same MTV that has aired countless hours drunken promiscuity aimed at teens on shows like “The Real World” and “Jersey Shore.”


Full story at Yahoo.

Read more at holykaw.alltop.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment